Since our founding in 2003, we have partnered with fast-growing companies around the world, from well-funded startups to publicly traded companies, to solve complex business challenges through cutting edge software solutions.
We are proud to be part of the Tavistock Group (www.tavistock.com), a private investment organization with over 200 companies across 15 countries.
About the role
As the Product Engineering Manager, you will be reporting to the Chief Delivery Officer. Your main responsibilities are to oversee the design and development of software applications, direct the work of engineers to ensure the best practices around software product development, and ensure that product/ project/ department milestones/goals are met adhering to approved budgets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Product, Sales and Marketing teams to evolve the product architecture in meeting the needs of clients
- Partner in refining the vision of the product and technical systems. This includes thinking about explicit charters and structures for the teams and efficiently allocating resources to important technical, project & product initiatives
- Ensure the timely delivery of product / services pipeline
- Manage and scale a team of talented software developers, test engineers, DevOps engineers, and team leads
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables of the software engineering teams and report appropriate quality metrics in a timely manner
- Work with the existing management to continually improve software delivery, grow the team and ensure team engagement and morale
- Create an inclusive environment that is conducive to happy and productive work for you and your team
- Cultivate a highly motivated working environment and support your team members in their technical, career, and personal goals
- Work collaboratively with small focused teams on a service that needs to be robust, scalable, maintainable and help teams integrate said service
- You are currently in a product/ software engineering leadership role with a history of delivering high-quality products built for scale and flexibility
- You have a track record of building high-performing, self-sufficient teams
- You are comfortable having both architecture discussions with engineers and feature/strategy discussions with Product Managers
- Experience with distributed systems and working at large (think global!) scale
- Plenty of experience in building high quality software services
- Agile mind set
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- A passion for encouraging a healthy, respectful, and diverse work environment
- A customer oriented and team-first mentality
- A strong technical background, and ideally some experience defining the vision/strategy of a product
Desired background and skills
- MSc/MA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
- 10 + years of experience in managing software development teams preferably in a multinational company
- Strong ability to resolve complex problems and issues
- Must be able to understand the big picture as well as the details related to applications
- Excellent command of the English language both written and spoken
- Accuracy and attention to detail
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate, based on his/her experience and past track record.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your current CV and two (2) business references to email@example.com or using the form below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Sound like the job for you?
Great! Send us your resumé or CV to become part of our family.